|Title:||Associate Dean of Students|
|Organization:||Freire Charter High School of Philadelphia|
Freire Charter High School is seeking an Associate Dean of Students. The Associate Dean of Students works closely with teachers, parents, students, the administrative team, and other school personnel to build and maintain a positive and safe school environment. This is a 11-month administrative position.
Freire staff members are forward-thinking team players passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of urban youth. We seek candidates who value diversity, are highly motivated, and who will demand excellence from themselves and their team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foster a climate of high expectations by embodying and institutionalizing Freire Charter School’s vision for school culture and the Code of Conduct
- Remain fair, decisive, professional, calm and supportive of whole-child development
- Determine and issue consequences for student infractions
- Report and track daily attendance in an organized and professional manner
- Interview and work with students, parents, and staff to take necessary action in cases of truancy, delinquency, and/or discipline concerns
- Manage and uphold school behavioral expectations
- Serve as a resource to staff regarding student management issues
- Openly and regularly communicate with staff and parents/guardians regarding student behavior
- Compile, analyze, and share student discipline data regularly, and use that data to make decisions
- Support cafeteria moderators in maintaining well-organized and well-run lunch periods
- Be highly visible to students and foster positive, supportive relationships with them
- Lead restorative disciplinary programs after school and on some Saturdays
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or an education-related field
- Three years experience working with urban students in an educational setting
- Prior student discipline experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to engage students, parents, colleagues, and community members in supporting youth development
Interested parties should attach a cover letter, resume, and 3 references. No phone calls or paper applications regarding this position will be accepted. Along with these documents, please provide a written response to the following prompt (responses should be no more than 500 words): Describe the relationships with students, parents, and staff that you believe are necessary to operate successfully in this role? How will you create and foster these relationships?
The compensation for the Associate Dean of Students role is $40,000 – $50,000 depending on experience and qualifications.