|Title:||Art/Music/Electives Teacher 1819|
|Organization:||Freire Charter School Wilmington|
Freire Charter School in Wilmington, Delaware is currently seeking a full-time art/music/electives teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. This position can be part or full time. Exact grade to be determined, but possible grade levels range from 8th - 12th. Freire staff members are forward-thinking team players passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of urban youth. We seek candidates who value diversity, are highly motivated, and who will demand excellence from themselves and their students.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Previous successful experience working with urban youth
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to get a job done
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
No phone calls, please. Paper applications will not be accepted. Please see freirewilmington.org for more information.
About Freire Charter School Wilmington
College prep. High expectations. Supportive community. And a belief in every single student.
Does this sound like you? Freire Charter School Wilmington opened its doors in 2015 to provide a college preparatory education and is currently serving grades 8-11 (with our 12th grade classes added next year). Already we've had much success establishing high behavioral and academic expectations in our school. Based on our model established sixteen years ago in our schools in Pennsylvania, we are excited to expand our model of a traditional liberal arts curriculum in a safe environment.
We are looking for forward-thinking staff passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of our diverse student body.
- believe in doing whatever it takes to ensure that students not only get into college but graduate from college.
- believe that student achievement can be measured in tangible ways.
- believe that constant self-reflection and growth is essential to improve their craft.
- and believe in actively building a positive, enthusiastic, and collaborative school community.