|Title:||Director of Special Education|
|Organization:||Freire Charter School Wilmington|
Freire Charter School Wilmington is currently seeking a full-time Director of Special Education for the 2017-2018 school year. The Director of Special Education oversees the special education program of the school, supervising all special education teachers, crafting our program, and ensuring compliance with state and federal requirements. Freire staff members are forward-thinking team players passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of urban youth. We seek candidates who value diversity, are highly motivated, and who will demand excellence from themselves and their students.
Freire offers an excellent salary and benefits package, a strong commitment to all staff as professionals invested in life-long learning, and the opportunity to work with the best students in Wilmington.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Previous successful experience working with urban youth
- DE Certification in Special Education
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to get a job done
- Evidence of creativity in lesson planning
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
No phone calls, please. Paper applications will not be accepted.