|Organization:||Freire Charter School Wilmington|
Freire Charter School Wilmington is currently seeking a full-time Academic Advisor (Guidance Counselor) for the 2017-2018 school year.
Job Duties Include:
- Check in with students regarding academics/behavior
- Communicate with parents about academics - passing/failing classes
- Serve as liaison between parents/students/teachers regarding academics
- Run and maintain eSchool Reports
- Communicate with teachers regarding assignments, student concerns
- Provide students with study skills and organization skills
- Collaborate with Student Services department
- Educate parents on academic expectations of their students, how to use eSchool
- Attend grade team meetings
- Monitor student academic performance, behavior, attendance and facilitate appropriate interventions
- Help students process their problems, plan goals and act upon them
- Mediate conflicts between students and teachers
Freire staff members are forward-thinking team players passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of urban youth. We seek candidates who value diversity, are highly motivated, and who will demand excellence from themselves and their students.
Freire offers an excellent salary and benefits package, a strong commitment to all staff as professionals invested in life-long learning, and the opportunity to work with the best students in Wilmington.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Previous successful experience working with urban youth
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to get a job done
- Evidence of creativity in lesson planning
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
No phone calls, please. Paper applications will not be accepted.