|Organization:||Freire Charter School Wilmington|
College Counselors hold the primary responsibility for ensuring that our seniors are going on to college and other post-secondary options and that our juniors are well prepared for the process. Counselors meet frequently with individual students and families and keep students on track with their plans. Successful candidates will have both superb organizational and writing skills as well as a strong ability to form trusting relationships with students.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Previous successful experience working with urban youth
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to get a job done
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
No phone calls, please. Paper applications will not be accepted. Please see freirewilmington.org for more information.
About Freire Charter School Wilmington
College prep. High expectations. Supportive community. And a belief in every single student.
Does this sound like you? Freire Charter School Wilmington opened its doors in 2015 to provide a college preparatory education and is currently serving grades 8-11 (with our 12th grade classes added next year). Already we've had much success establishing high behavioral and academic expectations in our school. Based on our model established sixteen years ago in our schools in Pennsylvania, we are excited to expand our model of a traditional liberal arts curriculum in a safe environment.
We are looking for forward-thinking staff passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of our diverse student body.
- believe in doing whatever it takes to ensure that students not only get into college but graduate from college.
- believe that student achievement can be measured in tangible ways.
- believe that constant self-reflection and growth is essential to improve their craft.
- and believe in actively building a positive, enthusiastic, and collaborative school community.