|Organization:||Freire Charter School Wilmington|
The Paraprofessional position requires the following competencies and responsibilities:
- Build meaningful relationships with students that help advance student learning and interest in subject matter
- Manage classroom by setting rules, establishing systems, and holding high expectations while inspiring students to do their best
- Demonstrate and utilize working knowledge of students with and without special education needs in terms of social, cognitive, and academic development
- Demonstrate and utilize knowledge of basic differences across specific populations of identified students
- Assist students one-on-one, in small or large groups to grow as learners
- Collect and monitor student data indicative of student progress
- Work with teachers and school administrators to become a part of school life
- Hold high expectations for each student
- Build positive rapport with students
- Have a positive attitude and enjoy the work each day
- Enjoy and be comfortable with working with technology
- Completed a minimum of 60 semester hours towards the completion of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or successful completion of the ParaPro assessment.
Freire offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a strong commitment to developing all staff as professionals invested in life-long learning, and the opportunity to work with the best students in Wilmington.
About Freire Charter School Wilmington
College prep. High expectations. Supportive community. And a belief in every single student.
Does this sound like you? Freire Charter School Wilmington opened its doors in 2015 to provide a college preparatory education and is currently serving grades 8-12. Already we've had much success establishing high behavioral and academic expectations in our school. Based on our model established nineteen years ago in our schools in Pennsylvania, we are excited to expand our model of a traditional liberal arts curriculum in a safe environment.
We are looking for forward-thinking staff passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of our diverse student body.
- believe in doing whatever it takes to ensure that students not only get into college but graduate from college.
- believe that student achievement can be measured in tangible ways.
- believe that constant self-reflection and growth is essential to improve their craft.
- and believe in actively building a positive, enthusiastic, and collaborative school community.