|Title:||Assistant Principal for Academic Supports - High School|
|Organization:||Freire Charter High School of Philadelphia|
Freire Charter High School is seeking an innovative and energetic leader to join the Freire team as the Assistant Principal for Academic Supports. The person in this role reports directly to the Head of School and leads all that has to do with building and maintaining a positive school culture and school safety. This is an excellent position for a talented, dedicated and passionate leader whose eventual goal is to lead his/her own school someday.
Freire Charter High School currently educates 500 9th-12th graders in Center City Philadelphia. As a public charter school, we serve students from all over Philadelphia. Our school's culture is one of respect, nonviolence, intense academics and college preparation. We work with each and every student to ensure learning, growth and eventual success in college and beyond. Our staff works tirelessly and does whatever it takes to support students along the way.
Freire offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a strong commitment to all staff as professionals invested in life-long learning, and the opportunity to work with the best students in Philadelphia.
The Assistant Principal for Academic Supports:
- Ensures the physical and emotional safety of all students and staff.
- Recruits, hires, coaches, and leads all others in providing that safety.
- Develops strong educational support programs around the culture and safety of the school.
- Works with all others to support student and staff learning.
- Leads all that has to do with building and maintaining a positive school environment and culture.
- Works with the Dean of Students to ensure all facets of the Code of Conduct are upheld fairly and with compassion.
- With support from Build the Future, Freire's Charter Support Organization, leads the basic operations of the school including transportation, food program, cleaning and general maintenance.
- Keeps the physical plant safe, strong, and clean so that all are proud.
- Works with Build the Future and the Board of Directors to ensure the school becomes all that it can be.
Qualifications for the Assistant Principal for Academic Supports position include:
- A minimum of three years teaching experience, preferably at the middle or high school level
- An M.Ed. or current enrollment in an M.Ed. program for education leadership or an equivalent
- Passion for urban youth and a no excuses approach to how to serve them
- Leadership capacity, interest, and talent
- Commitment to collaboration and collegiality
- Current assistant principals are strongly encouraged to apply